Friday 1 November 2013

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer SX5 Review


After looking for a new full coverage, matte foundation for a while I decided to try out the Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer as I'd seen a lot of really good reviews and it seemed most like what I was looking for. I bought this product from Space NK for £38. This is a little expensive, but I do like to pay more for a foundation that's really good quality. 

The shades available in this range are really confusing the SX4 looks much darker than SX5 ?? So actually picking a shade was difficult, usually I go for pretty light foundations usually the 2nd or 3rd lightest. Luckily the SX5 is a pretty close match! 

When this foundation arrived I was surprised at how teeny tiny it is! Its super tiny, but its the thickest foundation I've ever seen so a little goes a really long way. It does have a slight scent, but that's gone after you apply it. 





 To apply this I mixed it with some of my normal daily moisturiser and some primer to make it less thick and used my real techniques expert face brush. 
I really like this foundation its gives a great full matte coverage, but if you wanted it lighter it would be easy to just mix with more moisturiser or primer to make it lighter. Its long lasting and blends in really easily. After a whole day of wear it was still in place pretty well and my skin didn't feel dry or like the make up was too heavy. 



This is with flash .


And in natural light without, I look super pale here.




Overall, I do definitely think think foundation is worth paying the little extra because its so highly pigmented and gives a lovely finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

search